Devin Townsend - Addicted (Devin Townsend Project) CD (album) cover

ADDICTED (DEVIN TOWNSEND PROJECT)

Devin Townsend

Experimental/Post Metal

I Love Internet
4 stars When I got this album sometime last November I was Addicted! to it for weeks. This album is the poppiest and catchiest of Devins albums, but it still has enough comlexity to keep my interest.

The album kicks off with the heavy and powerfull title track. The sound of the drums on this record makes me often feel like like I´m listening to a dance album, but then Devin brings me back to reality by screaming something like: Let´s be like the mountain!. The next song Universe in a ball has a quite hypnotic opening. Again we have a great catchy chorus. Great stuff so far. On the previous album Devin did Elvis and now with the 3rd track Bend it like Bender he goes into Vengaboys-mode. I think that says enough about that track.

The new version of Hyperdrive makes good use of Anneke von Giersbergens great singing abilities. All the rest of the songs are good heavy stuff as well with very catchy choruses. I really enjoyed Annekes contribution to this album. She is one of my favourite female singers and she makes a great addition to this line-up.

Very nice album. Definately among the better ones of last year for me. Solid 4 stars.

All hail the mighty Devin.

I Love Internet | 4/5 |