Immanu El - They'll Come, They Come CD (album) cover

THEY'LL COME, THEY COME

Immanu El

Post Rock/Math rock

Kassimatis
4 stars Wow, what a tranquil experience! This is my first exposure to post-rock, and it was a thoroughly enjoyable one! It was the rarity of Christian prog bands that drew me to them, and what a musical gem I've found! There is no doubt I'll be following this band's next releases.

The music has an ethereal, heavenly mood, very relaxing! This style of prog seems to be founded on a consistent, symmetrical rhythmic continuum, over which pleasant and lyrical melodies progress (and they certainly write good melody!). I would not have expected myself to enjoy this style, as I have a personal taste for complex rhythms and changing time-signatures, but Immanu El have enchanted me with this prog-genre and have surely opened up a world of music for me! The style of the vocalist's voice suits the music perfectly. I love the way the tracks build up to a climax, such as in my favourite track "kosmonaut".

4.0 stars