Peter Gabriel - Peter Gabriel (3 -

PETER GABRIEL (3 - "MELT")

Peter Gabriel

akajazzman
5 stars It may seem like I'm giving everything 5*, but I'm starting by loading/listing my very favorite albums of all time. The real classics. So bear with me.

I didn't really get into this until the mid 80s, and not even sure why I started getting into Gabriel. This was before I appreciated/knew about the greatness of 70s Genesis. I was a 70s kid into hard rock, trying to change with the times and find something in 80s music that I could like. So when I found this, I just thought this was complete perfection. What "synth rock" should sound like. It was nice to have a real classic of the time in the 80s when so much of the commercial music at the time was disposable. So different from 70s era Genesis, but almost as great. His best solo album in my opinion.

I think most fans of his solo albums would agree. Although So and Up I think are fantastic as well.

akajazzman | 5/5 |