Blood Ceremony - Blood Ceremony CD (album) cover

Blood Ceremony

4 stars "We're anti-war, but pro-horror. Standing before the crimson altar, our minds melted as we gazed into the cosmic eye. Now we slay the stages of the universe with heavy riffs, paranoia-inducing trills and '70s fills. " - claim BLOOD CEREMONY on their MySpace, and you can feel this eccentric vibe in every note of their self-titled debut album. Heavily inspired by BLACK SABBATH, BLACK WIDOW and JETHRO TULL, quartet delivers a beautiful and somewhat dark mix of Proto-Doom and Prog Folk - it's like they've caught up those times, when Tony Iommi was TULL's guitarist! Alla O'Brien's vocals are very artistic and atmospheric, pretty much in 70's vein, and they add a lot to band's groovy material (with best track being the closing "Hymn to Pan"). If you're into Stoner/Psychedelic/Proto-Prog/ Proto-Doom/Retro Rock stuff, this one is a Must!
Prog-jester | 4/5 |