Klaus Schulze - Picture Music CD (album) cover

PICTURE MUSIC

Klaus Schulze

Progressive Electronic

Lieven Van Paemel
4 stars Even since I was a child, I always loved traditional Indian raga music... Then in the early 70's when I first heard "Totem" I immediately fell for the piece. The percussion is very similar to the tabla and the whole composition has a very spacey feel about it... For "Totem" alone, this album deserves a 5 star. A track that has a similar feel is "Georg Trakl" on "X" but "Totem" still is FAR better.

"Mental door" starts with nice effects, has some excellent drumming - though I never particulary liked drumming on KS albums. Later he would do something similar with "Mindphaser" on "Moondawn" but with far less depth. (Many people regard "Moondawn" as a masterpiece... In my opinion it is a copy of this marvelous LP)...

Lieven Van Paemel | 4/5 |