Steve Howe - Beginnings CD (album) cover

Steve Howe

2 stars About this album it has been stated many times before that Steve Howe is not a quality singer. He's better than me, but that's not saying much. With help from Yes-mates and others, he has created a good skill level of musicians, but the material just doesn't seem inspiring enough to give these folks anywhere to go. Of course, Steve's guitar skill is unquestioned. I find this album leaves me flat- pleeasent enough melodies but not really going anywhere. After many listens, I still can't hum along. Is this the lost Yes album? No. If such a monster exists, it is more likely to be Squire's Fish out of Water. So this gets only 2 stars, for fans only.
mohaveman | 2/5 |