The Dear Hunter - Act II: The Meaning Of, And All Things Regarding Ms. Leading CD (album) cover

ACT II: THE MEANING OF, AND ALL THINGS REGARDING MS. LEADING

The Dear Hunter

Mellotron Storm
3 stars I remember the buzz when this album came out and i soon found myself buying this cd. I listened to a couple of tracks not long after I got it but put it aside because i'm not really into this style of music. So here I am a couple of years later and after about 6 listens and I still feel the same way about it. There's this strong Indie / Alternative flavour to it, very modern sounding. It reminds me mostly of MUSE maybe because of the dominant vocals in that same style. THE DECEMBERISTS came to mind a lot too. Piano and drums lead the way instrumentally but we get some harp, cello and violins helping out too.

This is a concept album at almost 77 minutes. Ouch. "Blood Of The Rose" is probably my favourite tune with the strings and horns helping out, but overall it's hard for me to even offer up 3 stars for this album. I'm going to give this to my 25 year old MUSE fan daughter who will appreciate this more than I do i'm sure.

Mellotron Storm | 3/5 |