Solaris - Marsbéli Krónikák (The Martian Chronicles) CD (album) cover

MARSBÉLI KRÓNIKÁK (THE MARTIAN CHRONICLES)

Solaris

Progdaybay
5 stars I have two CD's of this original group, both music oriented only, with instrumental outings. This one is older than 'Nostradamus', and you can feel it a little bit. Nevertheless, it is a mix of modern and older styles, and the result is very interesting. The voices of the Martians, in the first track, are something to remember ! Solidly original. It sets the tone for this sci-fi album, and the feeling is transmitted only by the wonderful music. The unity, as on 'Nostradamus', is outstanding : the flute is very present but never too much. It has its beautiful role throughout the whole CD. The presence of the other instruments is made with a high standard of quality, as the guitar and the keyboards are brilliant, importantly linked together, along with the bass/rythmic section. This group contributed as keeping the prog spirit in the 80's, with such beautiful and not so complex compositions. There is nothing super fancy, but the musical themes are well constructed, from one track ot another... By the way, there is no weakness whatsoever here, and this is an extraordinary quality, kind of rare.

I did review 'Nostradamus' recently, which I prefer (among my 5 very best CD's), but this type of symphonic prog music deserves really the best, for its originality and its special contribution. They are unique. I went for a solid 5.0 for the other one, but I still have to put a high notation, such as maybe 4.8... which gives rise to a 'rounded' 5-stars. Really nothing less. Another gem by Solaris. Enjoy !

Progdaybay | 5/5 |