Ashra - Belle Alliance CD (album) cover

BELLE ALLIANCE

Ashra

Progressive Electronic

Lieven Van Paemel
5 stars As where Correlations - though seemingly admired by many - absolutely displeased me, this album instantly became one of my best loved ones.

Side one may be more rock oriented, it certainly has a great sense of humour "Screamer", some very sunny spells "Boomerang" but most of all... Side 2!!!

Side 2 has some of the most beautiful electronic music ever! "Kazoo" is a gently hypnotic theme and "Code Blue" is the best Ashra track since "Ocean of Tenderness" on New age of earth. Starting of with a majestic organ, gradually flowing into a minimalist masterpiece with very subtle cymbals and percussion by Harald Grosskopf. "Mistral" has Göttsching playing a Santana-like theme, beter than Santana ever could have done.

This album and CD are still played on a weekly basis (side 2). This is absolute beauty! I think I'll have another listen!!!

Lieven Van Paemel | 5/5 |