Styx - Kilroy was Here CD (album) cover

1 stars Here it is, the nadir of Styx (or is it Cornerstone? Paradise Theatre?). Personally, I dislike them all. I think I would put this a step above Paradise Theater but just by a nose. The inspiration here is minimal. The "concept" tracks such as "Mr Roboto" are painful and the rest of the album just is boring. Recycled arena rock and recycled pop rock - this is 1983 to a tee. I remember I owned this album but have not bothered to get the CD. For me, Styx ended with Pieces of Eight and never returned. Too bad, they had a 3-4 year run of great prog-inspired bombastic American rock. Along with Paradise Theater and Cornerstone- this gets 1 star (actually 1 1/2).
mohaveman | 1/5 |