Amon Düül II - Wolf City CD (album) cover

WOLF CITY

Amon Düül II

Krautrock

Certif1ed
4 stars Not much to say - just listen!!!

Wonderful! Got this together with a copy of Phallus Dei, and I must say that it's really hard to review on a first listen - but I felt so powerfully moved by the album that I wanted to leave my first impressions - they'll probably be edited later, but if they help you decide which Krautrock album to buy, then all well and good!!!

Fantastically improvised feel, and some amazing original ideas - Listening to the latter part of "Jailhouse Frog", I could swear that I heard a riff used by Pink Floyd on "Dark Side of the Moon". Everyone has to get their influences from somewhere, I suppose!

First impressions? I will be listening to this again, that's for sure! I didn't find it inaccessible - on the contrary, it just kinda washed over and through me as I chilled to it.

Superb album!