Pink Floyd - Run Like Hell CD (album) cover

RUN LIKE HELL

Pink Floyd

Psychedelic/Space Rock

Conor Fynes
3 stars 'Run Like Hell' - Pink Floyd (Single)

'Run Like Hell' one of the best riffs and some of the most memorable guitar work in all of Floyd's career. The song basically revolves around the protagonist of the rock opera's 'fascist coup' taking hold, and his equivalent of 'Crystallnacht.' In any case, there's alot of anger in the song as you can imagine, and while the vocals and accompanying melody seem a bit strained and could have had a bit of work, it's a powerful song that gets the job done.

'Don't Leave Me Now' is basically an empty track, and never really stood out to me. To this point, I suppose it acheives what it was meant to do (the protagonist feels empty and helpless at this point) but it doesn't do much for me musically. I definately wouldn't buy a single just to listen to this. With 'Run Like Hell' however, the single becomes worth a look, as 'Run Like Hell' is one of the better songs off of 'The Wall.'

Conor Fynes | 3/5 |