Queen - Sheer Heart Attack CD (album) cover

5 stars A prog masterpiece. Period.

For their third album, Queen retook their fresh style again and the result is a rocking mixture of styles, very attractive to both prog fans and more mainstream music fans.

There's very little I can add to this one. The music is wonderful, rocking, innovating, fresh, heavy, melodic and makes me remember my teen years. Not because I listen to Queen in that age (I have not even born back then) but because of their young appealing and feeling. They really speak about independence and self respect. I just love everything in this album.

The experimentation is great and the performance is one of the most impressive I have heard in both prog rock and mainstream rock. You can see and realize why this band is so unique. There's no chance to emulate this originality and at the end, beyond the impressive songwriting and wonderful performing, the music is enjoyable, flows nice and is very, very fresh.

Maybe I'm brief about this review but you have to listen it to believe it. Mercury, May &Co. at the top of their game. If you want to dig into Queen, this is the album I suggest you. Is wonderful. Queen is one of the best progressive bands of all time. 5 stars is fair.

jampa17 | 5/5 |