Kakaokamkami - Snowballs CD (album) cover

Post Rock/Math rock

DamoXt7942
Forum & Site Admin Group
Moderator / Psych Team
4 stars We can find KAKAOKAMKAMI developed amazingly - they have got fuzzier and rougher than before. However we are sure they should make definite progress day by day. Their third EP 'Snowballs' says so, with ten noisy freaky launchers (songs).

Please be surprised at the first track Untitled ... effective and impressive noises and heavy fuzzy bluesy guitar sounds can jackknife our brain aggressively. And we hear such a quirky rhythm ensemble and such a depressive, warped, sharp-edged violin solo in Number 9. This massive attacks drenched with intentional tension are very drastic for us. The third, fifth, and seventh Untitled's are something tense too, full of violent noise attacks and eerie quietness. Boot Boot is, despite of the whole tensive air, a song with a spice of loose flood (plus a bulky mass of painful dins). Very fascinating we can hear various sound appearances. Until the last 'secret' Untitled with weird, bubbling, horrible ghost guitar and calm, laidback rhythm ensemble sounds, we can break out with their dogmatic and flexible soundflowergarden.

Sure they be so suitable to be called as a post-post-rock outfit. Good job.

DamoXt7942 | 4/5 |