Chris Squire - Fish Out Of Water CD (album) cover

Chris Squire

4 stars Very decent effort from the Yes bass player himself Mr. Chris Squire. Now before we dive right into the review one thing must be mentioned, this album just sounds like a lost Yes album that they decided to use for a soundtrack of some epic movie, with Sting on vocals (he sounds a little like Sting on some songs)

The first two songs HOLD OUT YOUR HAND and YOU BY MY SIDE both fold into each other with ease and if (like me) you were listening to the album on CD it almost sounds like the one long song. The soundtrack part i was talking about could easily be the intro to track 3 SILENTLY FALLING the 11 minute track on the album (second longest on it) is EPIC as is the fifth and final track SAFE (CANON SONG) clocking in at 15 minutes, these two songs are prog heaven for most yes fans featuring some fantastic musicmanship and keyboard solos from Patrick Moraz (of Yes fame);

Hold Out Your Hand - 9/10 You By My Side - 9/10 Silently Falling - 10/10 Lucky Seven - 7/10 Safe (Canon Song) - 10/10

My Conclusion? I cant find anything wrong with this album at all (except maybe in track 4 just gets a little boring) but apart from that great album by Mr. Squire and well worth your attention.

FarBeyondProg | 4/5 |