Presto Ballet - Peace Among The Ruins CD (album) cover

PEACE AMONG THE RUINS

Presto Ballet

Brendan
4 stars Presto Ballet is a modern pomp rock band that mixes fantasy rock styling, characterised by organs and organ-similar synths, with a lot of hard-rock. They have been compared to a lot of bands, to my ears they sound like they're trying to recapture the sound of 'Styx' but trying to make that sound more progressive, and a bit heavier, and it works wonders!

Their vocals harmonies are very good, very reminiscent of Styx, but also could be compared to Uriah Heep, and Deep Purple, who I haven't heard yet. The choruses are quite catchy too. They've been able to re-capture that science fiction aura that those bands were able to convey in the mid and late seventies. In fact, if I heard this album on the radio, I probably would have thought it was from the late 70's.

Although sometimes their instrumental sections can meander a bit, they mostly offer quality work on "Peace among the ruins". There are a couple of more acoustic songs on here to help add a bit of diversity to the recording.

In the modern world of prog, I would definitely say this one is worth tracking down. Definitely check it our if you like hard-rock meets prog-rock.

Brendan | 4/5 |