Dream Theater - Train Of Thought CD (album) cover

Dream Theater

4 stars The 'metal' album, the one that made them famous, but is it any good i hear you ask..well yes every Dream Theater album is, the songwriting is just a little weaker i think. Sure you have your epics (THIS DYING SOUL, HONOUR THY FATHER and IN THE NAME OF GOD) all 3 songs kicking maxium ass but i do feel that the instrumental STREAM OF CONSCIOUSNESS dragged on just a little and AS I AM wasnt as good as it should have been. This is also the first DT album i heard and it really made me want to cheak out more of their stuff, the rest is history. This release is again another one produced by John and Mike and it really shows with a very clear and polished production throughout;

As I Am - 6/10 This Dying Soul - 10/10 Endless Sacrifice - 9/10 Honor Thy Father - 10/10 Vacant - 8/10 Stream Of Consciousness - 7/10 In The Name Of God - 10/10

My Conclusion? not as strong as the last two but still worth buying, great album.

FarBeyondProg | 4/5 |