Seru Giran - La Grasa de las Capitales CD (album) cover

LA GRASA DE LAS CAPITALES

Seru Giran

AcostaFulano
4 stars After the release of their first record, I heard that Seru Giran was widely criticized of delivering a way too "sophisticated" sound to the audiences, as well as too many "girly" vocal harmonies and orchestral arrangements into their songs.

They seemed to have listened to their audiences, because the sound of their second LP was certainly more "radio friendly" Amazingly, the sound they managed to achieve was in my opinion, more elaborate, interesting and well thought. (Unlike a lot of bands we know that lower the quality of their compositions in order to reach a wider audience).

This album (as the first one) features plenty rock songs and also slower, quieter ballads that exploit the vocal capabilities of their members. I think this album achieves what their first one couldn't: Get the attention of new fans and approach the progressive rock genre to a wider audience, and actually fill a venue with progheads (who I think didn't realize they were progheads). This album has a 4.25 to me.

AcostaFulano | 4/5 |