Misanthrofeel - Ultimate Senseless CD (album) cover

Experimental/Post Metal

4 stars My second taste of Misanthrofeel's music after Leisurely, and I must say I prefer this one. Like Leisurely, this album has a dark sound and is more of a moodsetting thing rather than your traditional music. However, I find the sound here is more mature and less one-dimensional. The darkness is still there, and the brilliant moodsetting drumming is still there, but it sounds much more organized, well done, and displays more influences which I think is just what the music needed. Here and there, there are even psychedelia influences (or that may just be me) which I found were great.

Still, the majority of the EP is pure dark, doomy metal. But has a bit more diversity, maturity, and overall moodsetting quality then the Leisurely EP. For that, I give it 4 stars.

DisgruntledPorcupine | 4/5 |