From a Second Story Window - Delenda CD (album) cover

DELENDA

From a Second Story Window

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

VanVanVan
3 stars Saw that no one had reviewed this album and figured I might as well be the first. Very, very interesting album. Be forewarned, though: if you do not like death growling than I would not recommend this album. The average sound of the album is extremely intense vocals over interesting guitar and rhythm parts. Probably the closest point of reference is BTBAM's Colors, but, to be honest, it's not as interesting or good overall. There are touches of dissonance and avant-garde influence throughout, and that is what makes the album interesting. Finally, the album is not over-long, which works in its favor-it stays interesting throughout, and the (relatively) short songs mean that there are no bland or drawn out boring sections.

In terms of my actual enjoyment of the music, I would give this album 4 stars, but by PA's standards I award it 3: a good and very interesting album, but not essential by any means. Recommended to fans of extreme metal who have already gone through the staples of the genre (BTBAM, Opeth, et cetera). Not recommended for those just trying to get into the genre, and certainly not recommended to those who don't like growled vocals.

VanVanVan | 3/5 |