Genesis - We Can't Dance  CD (album) cover

WE CAN'T DANCE

Genesis

FarBeyondProg
3 stars A very underlooked album, this is the first album ive heard by Genesis, and i have to admit, i really liked it, the catchy pop melodies and harmonies really suit Phills voice and most of the songs are very strong, there is also a few longer songs that i would still considr prog like the fantastic DRIVING THE LAST SPIKE and the outro FADING LIGHTS, a main highlight for me is the opening track NO SON OF MINE, i just love the melody of that song, all in all i cant really complain there is the odd flaw/ maybe one or two filler songs on here (TELL ME WHY. LIVING FOREVER) but for the most i just really enjoyed it, a solid release;

No Son Of Mine - 10/10 Jesus He Knows Me - 8/10 Driving The Last Spike - 10/10 I Can't Dance - 7/10 Never A Time - 8/10 Dreaming While You Sleep - 8/10 Tell Me Why - 6/10 Living Forever - 6/10 Hold On My Heart - 9/10 Way Of The World - 7/10 Since I Lost You - 8/10 Fading Lights - 9/10

MY CONCLUSION? this is a very underated album by the one and only Genesis, i just think its a good solid album, not perfect but still a very good effort..

FarBeyondProg | 3/5 |