Patrick Moraz - The Story of I CD (album) cover

Patrick Moraz

3 stars Steve's Album of the day: "The Story Of I" by Patrick Moraz. I bought this record the day it came out in 1976. At the time Patrick was a member of Yes, and my appetite for anything related to the band was huge. Wakeman had left the band in 1974, and in stepped the amazing Swiss keyboard player from Refugee ( Their debut album in 1974 was another one I grabbed as soon as I heard "The Grand Canyon Suite" on the radio ). I loved this LP when I first heard it, a strange blend of electronic prog, mixed with Brazilian rhythms and fusion jazz. Quite unlike anything else I had heard at the time. Now 35 years on, it has dated a bit, and my enthusiasm is not quite the same, but it's still fun to go back to it from time to time. There is plenty of great playing by all the musicians involved, and Pat's vision must be given credit.
Progfan1958 | 3/5 |