Eloy - Ocean CD (album) cover

Psychedelic/Space Rock

3 stars I'm really torn in two with this album. It begins off excellently and the longer it goes on, the more it sounds like Floyd. But... the vocals are awful - I mean REALLY awful. Why oh why couldn't Frank Bornemann have sung in Deutschland sprechen - his natural tongue? Non English speakers probably won't get this, but it sounds extremely tacky and cheesy. Hearing him sing pigeon English on this album destroys all credibility the band ever had. It's a damn shame because there's very little else wrong with this album. The instrumental parts are brilliant and the tunes are excellent and very catchy. I could have loved this album... Baahh!
Dobermensch | 3/5 |