Oceansize - Self Preserved While the Bodies Float Up CD (album) cover

SELF PRESERVED WHILE THE BODIES FLOAT UP

Oceansize

Psychedelic/Space Rock

AgentSpork
4 stars I'm trying not to pass early judgment on this album as I've only heard it a small handful of times so far, but there's really no doubt that Oceansize has crafted another excellent album.

Self Preserved While the Bodies Float Up (quite the mouthful, I must say) is the band's fourth full-length album. As always, the band showcases a wide variety of styles ranging from fast-paced and heavy (Build Us a Rocket Then ...) to atmospheric, layered, and emotional (Silent / Transparent). The tracks are generally shorter this time around, and I have to say at first I was a bit worried that the album would suffer because of this, but thankfully that's not the case here.

Oceansize's albums have always been growers for me, and I have no doubt in my mind that the same will apply for this album as well. It's not quite a masterpiece in my eyes just yet, but only time can really tell. I do, however, know that this is an excellent album deserving no less than four stars.

AgentSpork | 4/5 |