Larry Coryell - European Impressions CD (album) cover

EUROPEAN IMPRESSIONS

Larry Coryell

Evolver
Crossover & JazzRock/Fusion Teams
4 stars There arent that many acoustic guitarists in the world that I would want to sit and listen to for an entire concert of solo jazz pieces. But Larry Coryell is one of them. And actually, around the time this was recorded, I did see him play live solo concerts a few times. And this is a nice example of just what his shows were like.

The first LP side (the first three songs) are from a concert at the Montreux Jazz Festival, and sidw two was recorded in a studio. The pieces range from romantic pieces, like April Seventh to just wild improvisation, like Toronto Under The Sign Of Capricorn.

As far as I know, this has never been reissued on CD. Too bad. I bet it would sound great.

Evolver | 4/5 |