Peter Gabriel - Peter Gabriel (3 -  CD (album) cover

Peter Gabriel

4 stars NO CYMBOLS! I read that BRUFORD and COLLINS were going nuts--it was so hard for them to not hit cymbols. There are so many great reviews above. I have very little to add. Does anyone remember the gorgeous song "Shossalosa" on the 'B-side' of the "Biko" EP? Some of the songs here do not stand up as well over time (IMO), but the creative, innovative genius behind this album cannot be denied. I like the comparison to TALKING HEADS' Remain in Light, for "'Melt'" is definitely on a creative par. Only, Remain in Light stands up better over the years. I also agree with the reviewers' averages: This album rates right up there with Passion and Us as Gabe's three best solo albums. Plus he actually got Kate to sing with him!
BrufordFreak | 4/5 |