Eloy - Planets CD (album) cover

Psychedelic/Space Rock

3 stars Soon after release the 2 more expressive albums of his career ( in my humble opinion) , 'Silent Create & Mighty Echoes" (1979) and "Colours" (1980), the band ELOY records one of the most peculiar disks than I already heard. Peculiar, due to the fact that in a disk in that the line-up of the band includes a guitarist and a guitarrist/keyboardist (and one of them is the leader of the band) the absolute prominence is the keyboards. In fact no there is any moment in none of the 8 tracks in that the guitar "takes a risk" a solo or even an outstanding riff.. The great moments of the disk, in my opinion are the track 2 "On The Verge of Darkening Lights " with a beautiful keyboard soil, the track 4 "Mysterious Monolith" with variations between a ballad and the space-rock and the track 7 "Sphinx" with his/her "majestic opening' and his/her main theme in a martial form. My rate is 3 stars!!!
maryes | 3/5 |