Nektar - Remember The Future CD (album) cover

REMEMBER THE FUTURE

Nektar

Psychedelic/Space Rock

DeKay
4 stars This is not my favourite Nektar album, but still is one of the most special "classic prog rock albums" albums in the mid-70's. First of all this is one of my favourite prog cover artworks (by Helmut Wenske of course). Second, it is the band's most ambitious effort, which marked a turn to larger (and yet not more complicated) compositions, like a less proggy Yes, with a psych or funky twist here and there.

The album is basically one song (typically separated to two tracks, because there were no cd's in 1974). To be honest, I always liked Part I more. The only weak point in "Remember The Future" is the rather poor psychedelic moments, at least compared to the band's first two albums. However, the album is not tiring the listener at all. There are some great melodies and magnificent guitar solos here. The vocal lines are really good, and when performed live, this was always one of the fans' favourites.

DeKay | 4/5 |