Iron Maiden - Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son CD (album) cover

SEVENTH SON OF A SEVENTH SON

Iron Maiden

FarBeyondProg
4 stars This (in my opinion) is Iron Maiden's darkest album, a concept release about a Clairvoyant, it is also Maiden's most progressive album. Opening with the fantastic MOONCHILD Bruce's vocals are the best theve ever been here, and the keyboard sections really make this a top notch track, INFINITE DREAMS is quite a proggy dreamy song with sme great sections and lead melodies, the bands two main singles from this album are next, CAN I PLAY WITH MADNESS and one of my all time favorites THE EVIL THAT MEN DO again both feature brilliant vocals and fantastic melodies, the next four songs to me are not the strongest on the album, but still have some great moments in them the title track for example has some cool proggy moments and THE CLAIRVOYANT has a very catchy chorus along with of course more great melodies, its just a great album, and one of their last fantastic albums for a while, they kinda go downhill after this album, but for now lets just focus on this;

Moonchild - 10/10 Infinite Dreams - 10/10 Can I Play With Madness - 8/10 The Evil That Men Do - 10/10 Seventh Son of a Seventh Son - 8/10 The Prophecy - 7/10 The Clairvoyant - 9/10 Only The Good Die Young - 8/10

CONCLUSION: not really a perfect album but still a great effort, and has a very good concept, a great attempt :)

FarBeyondProg | 4/5 |