Violeta De Outono - Em Toda Parte CD (album) cover

Violeta De Outono

Psychedelic/Space Rock

3 stars This is the third album from this Brazilian band that I review (out of four), and there are little differences between them. As I have already said, "Violeta?" plays a vintage psyche rock from the sixties with twenty years behind the mood.

The music is at times somewhat nave and borrows a lot to the early Floyd. But I can hardly say anything bad about their music since it reminds me the early days of my contact with one of the most important prog band ever (Floyd of course).

It is an album which you should listen from start to finish since there are no real highlights: more a bunch of good songs played one after the other ("Em Toda Parte", "Outra Manha"). A couple is less interesting though ("Rinoceronte?", "Ilhas") but no real harm is done to the whole even if the last two songs are rather average.

Each song is on the short edge and delivers some good feeling. It is like a travel back in time and some might say that this is quite regressive but I like it. Not exaggeratedly, but enough to rate this album with three stars.

ZowieZiggy | 3/5 |