Vangelis - Mythodea CD (album) cover

MYTHODEA

Vangelis

ZowieZiggy
1 stars With « Oceanic » some four years prior to this album, Vangelis offered a rather classical album which couldn't raise my interest. It is just that I have never liked this mix of genres. Actually, I am not a fan of classical music at all.

With this "Mythodea", Vangelis leans more towards the opera style, which is absolutely not my cup of tea either. While "Oceanic" featured the great Caballé, this one leaves the "vocal" part to the National Opera of Greece Choir while the orchestration is due to the London Metropolitan Orchestra. Fair enough?

I can understand that people interested in this type of music might praise this work, but I definitely can't. I have had the same feeling while listening to TD's trilogy (Infernio, Purgatorio and Paradisio). I have never liked these and this Vangelis effort doesn't represent anything better as far as I am concerned.

If you like opera, you might be interested. If you like prog music, there are basically no reason to listen to this. One star. What else?

ZowieZiggy | 1/5 |