Panic Room - Satellite CD (album) cover

SATELLITE

Panic Room

LastDaysofParadise
2 stars Satellite is the first, and possibly only album, I have looked into for the band Panic Room. After reading positive reviews, I was looking forward to this album. Boy, was I in for a ride...

Let me give you the good news first. The musicianship on this album is very good. The songs are played tightly and everything flows almost effortlessly. There's nothing highly innovative or ground breaking going on, but it's all catchy and fun to listen to.

Ready for the bad news? The vocals are either atrocious or down right don't fit in with this album. Anne Marie Helder is decent on a few songs on this album. I will admit that. I must say that by the end of the album I want her to shut up and just let the music play. She's especially annoying on songs like "I Am a Cat" and "Satellite." which are the weakest parts of the album musically and vocally.

There really isn't anything that's astonishing going on throughout this whole album. If you're a Panic Room fan you'll probably love this album. If you're considering looking into this album then go in with caution because putting up with the singing can be a burden at times. The musicianship is the saving grace for this album but even that can't save it from being a mediocre album.

LastDaysofParadise | 2/5 |