Dreamscape - Very CD (album) cover

VERY

Dreamscape

Valarius
4 stars After first experiencing Dreamscape with the album 'Revoiced', I heard this album already familiar with most of the material. 'Revoiced', featuring re-recordings of most of these songs, impressed me greatly, so it comes as no surprise that I like this album.

It's obvious to see that the band re-recorded all the best songs, as some of the songs that I wasn't previously familiar with definitely seem like weaker tracks. And whilst Huby Meisel has a very majestic voice, I've come to love Roland Stoll's renditions of these songs.

The band can be (like every Prog Metal band) easily compared to Dream Theater, but one thing I really like about Dreamscape is that all their songs are very melodic, so even the heavier riffs have a nice elegance to them. Especially with tracks like 'Thorn in My Mind', 'When Shadows Are Gone', 'Winter Dreams' and all three parts of 'Panterei'. All these songs nicely combine heavy guitar riffs with beautiful keyboards.

Overall this is some great quality Progressive Metal. If you're new to Dreamscape I strongly recommend 'Revoiced' instead of 'Very', but regardless, pardon the obvious pun, this is indeed a 'Very' good album.

Valarius | 4/5 |