Consortium Project - Ian Parry's Consortium Project   CD (album) cover

IAN PARRY'S CONSORTIUM PROJECT

Consortium Project

Valarius
4 stars I actually had no idea who Ian Parry was when I first bought this album. I saw it on Ebay very cheap and thought I'd check it out as I'd heard of the Consortium Project before. It wasn't until I looked in the booklet that I actually felt any true excitement about what I had in my hands. Thomas Youngblood from Kamelot, Arjen Lucasson (who needs no introduction), and just who is Ian Parry anyway? Oh I see, he's the singer in Elegy (at the time), and his bandmates all make appearances as well. There was no way this album could be bad.

Everything starts off with great promise with the very Proggy 'House of Cards', which makes fantastic use of keyboards. And thankfully this is a pretty good sample of what to expect, great Progressive Metal which makes excellent use of guitar/keyboard interaction.

There are a couple of bloopers though, especially towards the end of the album. After track six the standard sadly begins to slip a little, however these songs are not drastically terrible, and with the final song things pick up again, so at least they finish on a high note.

'House of Cards', 'Banquet for Thieves', Garden of Eden', 'Change Breeds Concept' and 'Pandora's Box' are all the main highlights that make Consortium Project worth checking out. If you're a fan of bands like Elegy, Ayreon, or Prog Metal in general, then this is definitely for you.

Valarius | 4/5 |