Anima Mundi - The Way CD (album) cover

Anima Mundi

4 stars Central and South America are quickly becoming my favorite places to check out recent and new prog releases. There is a rich vein of very inspired and accomplished musicians creating gorgeous, stimulating, melodic and breath taking music.

Not the least of these bands is Anima Mundi. The closest thing I have heard to compare them to is Venezuela's (I believe) Pig Farm on the Moon, which had one release in 2003 and then seemingly folded, which was a real shame. Anima Mundi hale from Cuba, and quickly have put their country on the prog map for highly listenable, highly enjoyable symphonic prog.

The songs are mostly epic length, as there are only 4 tracks on this CD, "The Way". Every one of them is a gem in its own right. Do pick it up anywhere you can if you are a fan of bands like Genesis, Aisles, Gentle Giant, or PFM. I don't believe you will be disappointed.

- beebs