Richard Wright - Wet Dream CD (album) cover

Richard Wright

Sean Trane
Prog Folk
3 stars Almost a fourth star really but 3,5 surely!

If there is one thing I never could understand , it is how Waters could say that Wright was not contributing to Floyd and he was doing absolutely nothing. This album is the proof that this was not so. And one of the better solo album among all Floyd alumni.

This album is full of really great moody tracks with cool ambiances and calm grooves. It is here that Rick finally shows that he can sing as well as Gilmour and Waters, but the better tracks are the instrumental ones (more than 50%). I also believe that a good combination of tracks from this one and Gilmour' s first solo might have made a great Floyd album, and maybe that was Waters 's problem : he wanted his stuff and his only . He took almost all of Animals and the Wall for him - how democratic in a band .

The only remark I can make is that one could almost mistake this album for an Allan Parsons Project album of that very same era (I robot or Pyramids) , but this is hardly a negative remark. Anyway well worth a spin !

Sean Trane | 3/5 |