Dream Theater - Metropolis Part 2: Scenes From A Memory CD (album) cover

Dream Theater

5 stars My favorite album of Dream Theater, next to "Images and words." Metropolis pt.2: Scenes from a memory "was the album that introduced me to the band as well as the progressive metal.I should have between 7 and 8 at the time, and I was fascinated from the very first time I ouvi.Each song is a gem, even "Regression ", the opening track, which is nothing less than a simple narration.

After "Regression ", we have the powerful instrumental "Overture 1928", a track very fast and crazy! My instrumental favorites of Dream are here (but I can not forget "Erotomania" from Awake). "Strange deja-vu" is pretty cool, then the short "Through my words." Fatal Tragedy "is clearly insane, is certainly one of my favorites of band." Beyond this life" is quite long, but never gets tired." Through her eyes" is a beautiful ballad, while "Home", the longest of the album, is somewhat strange, but very good. "Dance of Eternity"is my favorite instrumental DT and one of my favorites of all by a times.At 1:40, the song enters its heavier section and Mike Portnoy simply destroys the battery! It changes pace so fast that you get lost (though the melody is the same throughout this time)"One last time " begins as a ballad, but then gained strength, although it is short. "The spirits carries on" is a beautiful song, which ends majestically with a powerful choir. "Finally Free" is very dark and heavy, to recall some themes of album.Her ends with various sound effects, appear before the therapist, saying "Open your eyes Nicholas"and the sound of a needle sliding across a vinyl can be heard (the same sound that opens "The Glass Prison", the band opening of the next album, "SDOIT)

Certainly this album is a masterpiece, so I'll give you 5 stars!

voliveira | 5/5 |