Yes - Big Generator CD (album) cover

4 stars Yes in the '80s, became very pop and it caused the loss of many fans. which the Genesis, I like the two phases-progressive and pop, but while Genesis pop remained until the end, Yes returned to symphonic rock in his last álbuns.Mas that's not the case.

In "Big Generator", the band tries to reconcile his sound with the 70 that experienced in your previous album.Comercially, this album did not make the success of "90125" (because there's no band with the power of a hit as "Owner of a Lonely Heart ") But the production here is decent.Tracks as" Rhythm of Love, "" Almost Like Love, "" Love Will Find a Way "(what is this? looks like they're doing a concept album about love!) and the title track are pretty easy trade-chorus, simple rock-away "Love Will Find a Way" stands today as one of my favorite songs of the band during Rabin´s period.

The other tracks are less commercial. "Holy Lamb" is a song with more face than Anderson of the band, while "Shoot High, Aim Low" is a bit too slow, but both are very good. "Final Eyes" is just too good, is my preferred of the album and one of the best pop period,already "I'm Running"is the song most clueless here, he is happy and insane.

Overall this is a good album, without the glare of the masterpieces of the 70s, but more than or even equal to his fellow "90125"

Note: In my opinion the order of tracks on the album should be:

1-Rhythm of Love / Almost Like Love (any one of the two would be good as the opening track) 2-Big Generator 3-Final Eyes 4-Almost like love / Rhythm of Love 5-Love Will Find A Way 6-I'm Running 7-Shoot High, Aim Low 8-Holy Lamb

voliveira | 4/5 |