Riverside - Out Of Myself CD (album) cover

OUT OF MYSELF

Riverside

Fitzcarraldo
3 stars Mix 50 grammes of PORCUPINE TREE, 25 grammes of PINK FLOYD and 25 grammes of OPETH in a large bowl. Add a teaspoon of IQ (but don't overdo it, or the result will be saccharine) and a heaped tablespoon of psychedelic powder, and stir well. Wait for the frothy tunes to float to the top, skim off and discard. Roll the mixture into a wafer-thin disc and cook at 100 degrees C for 53 minutes.

Not bad if you want to chill out and break a bottle of wine or maybe put one down, but is it to my taste? I was piqued when I first tried it a few months ago, but have to say that, although I think there are some tasty axe parts, ultimately I find it unmemorable and prefer the raw ingredients. But still some good parts, so 3 stars from me (Good, but not essential).

Fitzcarraldo | 3/5 |