Tangerine Dream - Hyperborea CD (album) cover

Tangerine Dream

Progressive Electronic

Sean Trane
Prog Folk
2 stars I remember seeing one of Tom Cruise's early film called Risky Business and remember wanting to see it for the soundtrack full of TD . Well the film was apt enough (I was twenty or so and those kind of movies spoke to me at the time as my parents were leaving us the house as they went globe-trotting for three or four weeks periods) , but I remember being slightly deceived by the soundtrack. Well the music seemed to come out of this album , I am probably mistaken for the actual facts but not in the spirit of the statement.

I had not heard this until last week when I borrowed it from the library , but I would like to thank both Progarchives and the library for giving me the urge to discover this and for giving me the chance to fill that urge very cheaply as I would not have been fullfilled by it (but somehow , I knew that before borrowing it).

There are much better TD records than this . This is still a normal TD album especially for what was to come , but compared with earlier albums , this should be avoided . Hence the 2 stars rating.

Sean Trane | 2/5 |