Lalle Larsson - Infinity of Worlds CD (album) cover

Lalle Larsson

3 stars My problem with this music is that it sounds like a classical or jazz lounge piano player trying to make a "progressive rock" album--the music feels very forced and unnatural, and often New Age-like--as if Richard Clayderman or Liberace were trying to make a popular, genre-busting album. "Lemuria" is, for me, the only one whose music and instruments blend well enough to sound cohesive--to sound almost balanced and natural. In my humble opinion, neither Rick Wakeman, Keith Emerson, nor Renaissance ever made an album sounding this forced and unnatural. I rate it 3 stars "Good" only because I do respect the quality of musicianship on this record.
BrufordFreak | 3/5 |