Manfred Mann's Earth Band - The Roaring Silence CD (album) cover

THE ROARING SILENCE

Manfred Mann's Earth Band

Frankie Flowers
4 stars This is a fabulous brew of high quality, eclectic music. The well known "Blinded By The Light" was my main reason for purchasing the album. I was soon attracted by the terrific lyrics as well as the music in the song.

"Singing The Dolphin Through" took me some time to appreciate. It's actually quite beautiful. There are some female vocals and some saxophone which makes it especially tantalizing towards the end. Thompson's vocals are great throughout, Mann's keyboards are also really super, above all in the instrumental "Waiter, There's a yawn in my ear" (also a nice track title).

"The Road To Babylon" is one of the best on the album in my opinion. I also really love "Questions". An excellent album but no the band's very best.

Frankie Flowers | 4/5 |