Pat Metheny - Speaking of Now CD (album) cover

SPEAKING OF NOW

Pat Metheny

petrica
3 stars If I have to describe this album I would say guitar driven atmospheric jazz fusion. Really enjoyable and light.One can recognize certain musical style patterns here. Different kinds of melodic voice incantations, nice mellow piano interludes. I will not go piece by piece because most of them have a similar structure and the same level. Even if I have listened to it several times I'm able to remember the style but not any specific part or song. I tend to believe that this was probably the intention because almost all the compositions have that kind of continuous, vague approach. However the music is enjoyable and I would recommend this if you want to relax and to concentrate because it is flowing really good in those kinds of moments.

From a contemporary jazz perspective I would say that this album deserves 4 stars from but from the progressive perspective I will say 3 stars. Not a bad one but sometime too repetitive and predictable.

petrica | 3/5 |