Mostly Autumn - Go Well Diamond Heart CD (album) cover

Mostly Autumn

Prog Folk

4 stars I'm not going to attempt to do a track by track review of this latest Mostly Autumn album as there are far more learned people on the site who can do that but, I would suggest that if you have listened to this album and been underwhelmed, stick with it. The more I have listened to it, the better it has got.

After all the talk of how they could possibly replace Heather Findlay, Brian Josh must have had a moment of devine inspiration when he asked Olivia Sparnenn to take over the mantle of lead vocalist. I think with doubt, that vocally, this is the best MA album to date and whether or not it's anything to do with Olivia, the best Brian Josh vocals to date.

The band play to their usual high standards and I believe that this is the first album for a long time where the instruments are all played by the touring musicians, plus a couple of guests.

All in all, this is a great album with 16 good songs ( if you get the special edition). While I like some of the songs better than others, there are none that I skip over when listening, either on the CD player or MP3 player.

Give it a go, you won't be disappointed if you are a Mostly Autumn fan but not quite sure about the mixed reviews, just give it the time and consideration it deserves.

BazArcher | 4/5 |