Kansas - Leftoverture CD (album) cover

LEFTOVERTURE

Kansas

voliveira
5 stars And is not that Americans do know a good prog rock? "Leftoverture" was the album that introduced me to Kansas.Yes, the progressive rock here is a little different from Europe, but this album is good, that I have no doubt !

All eight tracks are excellent, there are no weak moments there.I 've two tracks, opener "Carry on (Wayward son) and closure," Magnum Opus "are masterpieces of the album.The first is exceptional! When I I heard it, I had a strange feeling that he had heard that guitar riff (which comes soon after the opening vocals)in somewhere.And I remembered:it was in "Kindred Spirits " from Liquid Tension Experiment! (can just be printing, but it is my opinion). this song is pretty crazy. "Mgnun Opus" closes the album grandiously.A reviewer commented that this song has launched some of the basics of progressive metal, and I have to agree! Some effects guitar and keyboards to reinforce my opinion.The others are no less excellent, and the result is an perfect album.5 stars with praise!

voliveira | 5/5 |