Fates Warning - FWX CD (album) cover

Fates Warning

1 stars Fate's Warning is my favorite progressive metal band. I love all their material until that point. This album is bad, It's not even prog. but an ordinary Rock album, yes the musicianship is great. Mark, Jim and Ray do what they do best. but the songwriting and the compositions simply dont stand up. They were once the pioneers of Progressive Metal, on this album they sound like they've given up and went mainstream. I don't think they should release another album(even though Ray is doing great in Redemption and Jim is kicking-Ass with OSI). We all just want to remember the good old days, and they don't need to embrace them selves anymore.
BlindGuard | 1/5 |