If / Ifsounds - If. . . Sounds CD (album) cover

IF. . . SOUNDS

If / Ifsounds

David Saez
2 stars This CD is free to download. That encouraged me to listen and, certainly, confirmed my suspicions. If a band changes its name should not think anything good.

Presumably, in a compilation appears the best of each of the previous works. Certainly do not think that any work for "Morpho Nestira" mingle with the band's earlier work. I say this because the songs of this album have more quality than the others.

For example: The song "You Know" from the album "In the cave" is an R & B with electronics (battery mainly) with very poor quality, with extravagants vocals. On the other hand, the themes of the album "If" have a guitars too much amateurs, sometimes annoying, and a dubious pronunciation of English.

The themes of "The stairway" again suffer from a poor electronic production, although it certainly can see an evolution and a path toward maturity.

Instead, the selection of "Morpho Nestira" is a quantum leap. We found a strong progressive rock band left behind electronic schedules and find their way into the warmth of teamwork.

Songs dynamic, powerful, drinking from sources of PINK FLOYD (especially the track "Naked"which reminds me of "Nobody's Home" in its beginning and its end), GENESIS, IQ.

In short, direct encouragement to purchase the cd "Morpho Nestira" or "Apeirophobia" and applaud IFSOUNDS, and leave to go IF.

David Saez | 2/5 |