The Mars Volta - De-Loused In The Comatorium CD (album) cover

The Mars Volta

5 stars Rarely have I heard a post-1970s album that has taken me by such surprise and overwhelmed me as this one. The shear energy of the song-playing and reckless abandon of some of the performances is like listening to ADRIAN BELEW KING CRIMSON on amphetamines! Wow! "Cicatrix ESP" alone is a jaw-dropper every time I hear it. I've purposely avoided listening to other TMV or Omar songs for fear of blowing aside the mystical awe I hold for this raw and powerful album. Should I? Should I? I think not! I amnot worthy! The Mars Volta have created one for the ages! A gargantuan and, IMHO, inimitable masterpiece.
BrufordFreak | 5/5 |