Carcariass - E-xtinction CD (album) cover

E-XTINCTION

Carcariass

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

toroddfuglesteg
2 stars Carcariass has moved on from the death metal light on their first two albums (I have yet to hear their third album) and matured into a melodic progressive metal band.

That is........ Carcariass still does the death metal growl vocals. But the music on this album is pretty melodic. They are also pretty much like Pantera too with a lot of deathcore chugging guitars and guitar solos. The guitar solos reminds me alot about Death. Hence, Carcariass has moved into a landscape previously occupied by Pantera, Death and surely dozens of new deathcore bands.

The quality is decent throughout and Carcariass. A song like Threshold To Madness is a good one. The rest is pretty much filled to the brim with cliches and pretty conformist melody lines. If you want a surprise and some fresh takes on music, you are not getting it from this album. I have heard it all before and I am pretty bored by what I get here. The musicianship is good enough, but the songs lacks both originality and sparkle. Hence my verdict.

2 stars