Dzyan - Time Machine  CD (album) cover

5 stars I have had this CD for quite some time, loved it, but it seemed so overshadowed by "Electric Silence" that I never even rated it here in land.

After listening to it just now (probably my 5th overall listening of the music since I've had it) I am quite impressed. This is the true definition of progressive psych music, done in the wonderfully mystical style of Kraut Rock.

I see that this is quite a lineup change from the 1st self titled CD. And even though I really, really like the first one, this puts DZYAN on the map for me. The interplay between performers/composers is fantastically creative and a definite "jam" feel (of which I usually don't like) that intertwines into great solid rock compositions.

Wish there was more of these types of CD's from groups that don't over think the music, yet don't just jam. This is simply another great example of what Germany continues to offer from its past, and continues on into the present!

tmay102436 | 5/5 |